Friday, February 18, 2011

Magnetic Moments

Playing around with the magnetic words on my fridge awhile back, this is what I came up with. It's been up on my fridge for a few months now, but every now and again, I look back and am suprised to see the message. Today was definitely one of those days and I needed it. I guess there was a reason I kept it up there for so long:

dance hard and loud for
this is your turn to
rise out from the night shadow
& fly above like a
sun in our sky and
take this rich life by storm*.
(*last line inspired by LLCOOLJ's Mama's Gonna Knock You Out, no doubt-haha!: "I'm gonna take this itty bitty world by storm, and I'm just gettin warm!")
-------------

he has that light I thought
time swallowe-ed gentle but like a
beautiful surprise* full moon wander-ing
sculpture of change which know-s and
feels every dandelion fall
between me and him
love lost soon gives round to laugh-er and happy days.

(*most likely a subconscious "borrowing" of India Arie's song title Beautiful Surprise).

No comments: