Sunday, January 16, 2011

So Far Gone

Reaching for something that's already gone
I wonder why I can still feel it
It haunts me though I've tried to forget
Someone tell me will I ever let
his memory and the dreams in my head
become just a passing fancy.
Cos right now I don't even think
I can breath
without whispering his name
or playing that game
where I see him come back
to tell me it was all a mistake
that he would never really leave me.

But dreams trick my waking world
until I only want to lay eyes closed
cos reality is too thick with hurt
to face right now.
His face is all I see
and way back then
is the way I want it to be again.
But my heavy chest
and the emptiness
remind me that
He's already gone.
I'm reaching, reaching for something so far gone.
© Tasleem

(inspired by the Daughtry's song September and the lyrics "Reach for something that's already gone")

No comments: